Internet of Media Things (MPEG-IoMT) is a suite of specifications:
- API to discover Media Things,
- Data formats and API to enable communication between Media Things.
A Media Thing (MThing) is the media “version” of IoT’s Things.
The IoMT reference model is represented in REF _Ref7643046 \h \* MERGEFORMAT Figure 60.
Figure 60: IoT in MPEG is for media – IoMT
Currently MPEG-IoMT includes 4 parts
- Part 1 – IoMT Architecture will specify the architecture
- Part 2 – IoMT Discovery and Communication API specifies Discovery and Communication API
- Part 3 – IoMT Media Data Formats and API specifies Media Data Formats and API
- Part 4 – Reference Software and Conformance is the usual part of MPEG standards
|Table of contents||◄||13.19 MPEG-G||█||13.21 MPEG-5||►|